Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happiness

Just sharing a few things that made me very happy this week.


1. If you know me, you know nothing makes me happier than a bargain. I got this sweet deal from Kohl's. Perfect Comfort Memory Foam king size pad for $37 delivered to my door. Regular price $179.99. It was such perfect comfort that we slept right through the start of Stake Conference. I did feel bad about missing church and being a bad example to the kids so I listened to Soft Sunday Sounds on FM100 to try and ease my guilt. :)

2. This just made me smile. My dad sent some cash in the mail for the kids, strategically hidden in a folded note. He must think I'm still a blond! Look at the very detailed instructions as you open the paper. (I know it looks like it's from "Frank", but it really says "Gramp".









3. Have you tried this stuff? It's hair happiness in a bottle. It helps your hair dry faster, makes it super soft and gives it a shine, but doesn't weigh it down or make it greasy. We've gotta have the big hair.








4. More bargains. More happiness. Two shirts at Old Navy for $2.80 each. And SCORE at Robert's! $150 worth of scrap booking stuff for $15. Rub-ons, stickers, and chipboard, oh my!




5. No explanation needed here. These cookies are simple to make and so yummy. I'll share the recipe below. (oops, picture is gone...refer to cookie in the banner.)

1 8oz. cream cheese, room temp. 1 stick butter, room temp.

1 egg 1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 box moist chocolate cake mix Powdered sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl w/an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg. Beat in the vanilla. Beat in the cake mix. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (or you can stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes) to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and gooey. Cool and sprinkle more powdered sugar on top if you'd like.



It's easy to eat 12 and not even realize it so make sure you share...or not.


8 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

I'm heading out to get me some hair oil and then stopping at Robert's. How did you get that much good stuff? And what is the Blackboard stuff in the front? I'm going nuts!

Adrian said...

Where do you get this hair oil stuff? I need some!!!!

AMY said...

I love great deals, now is the time to go to Sears, they usually have all their clearanca at 80% off. Last year I bought a $106 dollar coat for only 8 dollars. Those cookies look sooooooo good.

Susan said...

Where do you get the hair stuff? How did you get the deals at Roberts? When are you going to make me some of those cookies?

The Ravsten's said...

You are a good deal finder. Way to go! I love it.

keysha said...

I 100% agree on the Moroccan Oil...heaven in a bottle!! You are my bargain shopping hero! We need to go bargain hunting together one of these days!

GARRIDO CENTRAL said...

Ohhhh, these cookies look so good. This is not what you want to see after spending the whole day on a diet. Hey, this is so cool Amy helped me set up this blog. Hope we can keep in contact a little more now.

Trent and Richelle said...

My mom saw the cookie recipe on your blog and made them. Then she called me oohing and ahhing over how good they were, which of course was EXTREMELY inconsiderate due to the fact that our house was completely void of anything chocolate or sweet whatsoever. All is not lost,however, since we will be in Grantsville this afternoon and she has promised to make more :) Thanks for sharing!