Thursday, August 21, 2008

Woo Hoo...

This was such a happy day for me! Reagen asked me last week if she could have her ears pierced. After I picked my jaw up off of the floor, I told her absolutely. In my house, I have a son and two daughters, but I might as well have two sons and one daughter. Bless Michaela's little heart, but she is SUCH a tomboy. Not that there's anything wrong with that because I was the same way, but I was worried Reagen would follow in her footsteps and I would not experience having any daughters at all! Every day she asked and I promised her that we'd do it on Friday. We went school shopping that day and decided we'd get them pierced right before we went home in case it turned into a traumatic experience. I was still half expecting her to change her mind, especially when we went in and picked the earrings out and they sat her on a little stool. Her eyes were really big, but she said she still wanted to do it. They pierced both ears at the same time and Reagen didn't even flinch. I held my breath for a minute because I was sure the tears were just about to come flowing out, but nothing...not even one little tear. Mike was so proud of 

her, he bought her a king size bag of M&M's. He got us a Snickers for being such good supporters. When we got home that night, she went into the bathroom every five minutes to look at them in the mirror. What a great day!

4 comments:

Keysha said...

Reagan looks like such a little lady. Before you know it she's going to be wanting to go get mani-pedi's with you and carrying a purse!

Adrian/Randy said...

Fun. What a cute girl. Do you think I could get a snickers? (Sorry, I a bit food obssessed right now.)

Susan said...

Reagan, you lucky girl! Your earrings look great on you too. My mom and dad made me wait until I was 18 (I'm not kidding) to get my ears pierced. Your mom and dad are awesome!

Pam (Haslem) Dana said...

How fun for Reagan! It is okay to be a TOMBOY!! haha :) Kayla reminds me 100% of myself when I was a kid... and I still hate wearing earings! Love those kids of yours! Can't wait for you to meet Nathan!